Want a hands-on way to help homeless pets but don't have time to go down to the animal shelter? How about volunteering for The Pet Postcard Project!
I started this site on my own, but it has gotten so big that it now takes a few more brains and hands to keep it going. Luckily, I have been blessed with some creative, generous, amazing volunteers (and good friends!) that give their time to the project so that we can help as many shelter animals as possible.
What Can YOU Do?
I'm up for suggestions!
- Are you good at getting people to donate stuff to shelters?
- Do you have time to post 30 (or more) cards a month? (takes about 40 minutes to post 30 cards)
- Are you good at viral marketing and can get a lot of pet lovers to come to the site?
- Can you rally other pet lovers to send in cards?
- Want to try to get bloggers to write about the site?
- Have ideas that can make the site better in some way?
Contact me if you'd like to help. Every bit counts and I'd love to have you on board!
Hugs and Woofs,
SPOKESDOGS AND SPOKESCATS!
Spokesdogs and Spokescats (or a team of spokesanimals) adopt The Pet Postcard Project for one or two months. They choose a shelter that they like and get them on board to receive a certain amount of food from a food sponsor.
Next, we decide on a card goal and they rally all of their pet-loving friends to send in cards, post the campaign on forums and social networking sites, and gets the word out there about what we're doing to help homeless pets. Once the goal is met, the shelter will receive the food.
Email me if you'd like your dog or cat to take on a campaign. Co-spokesanimals can work in a team to bring in the cards.